- Fit your body shell to your car and make sure that it’s placed in the correct height
- Remove the body and put it aside, you won’t need it for the post trimming procedure itself!
Body post trimming step by step
- Place the Body Post Trimmer on your car’s first body post
- You have two options concerning the length, 6 mm and 10 mm, depending on the orientation of the tool
- Turn the knurled screw counter-clockwise just until you can take it out
- Insert your cutter knife / scalpel
- Turn the knurled screw clockwise until the scalpel runs on block at the end of the slot
- Now you can remove the cut top of the body post including the Body Post Trimmer
- Congratulation! You have trimmed your first body post! Repeat the procedure with the other body posts on your car!
The final cut
- Place your Body Post Trimmer with the stud hole on the body post
- Turn around the trimmer about 360° under light pressure so that you will cut a perfect 1 mm chamfer
IMPORTANT NOTE: If chamfering doesn’t work as it should, try to change the gap of your blade which should be 0.2 – 0.5 mm to the edge of the aluminium body.
Your results are
- Smooth looking, chamfered body posts without much effort and all have the same length!
Your body shell will easily glide on your car now!